Friday, February 11, 2011

2nd Follicle Monitoring Results

I met with my doctor this morning and found out that my follicle grew to 1.8cm. She said she was expecting it to be bigger because I was into controlled ovulation.  Like I said earlier, I took 100mg Clomene for 5 days then 50IU Puregon shots for 3 days and then at Day 14, my candidate follicle is still small for its size.  Since we decided not pursue IUI (intra-uterine insemination), my doctor suggested not to use Ovidrel just yet.  On Monday, I was scheduled again for follicle monitoring (TVU) and if the egg still did not burst, she will have me injected with Ovidrel.

How am I?  I'm a bit surprised with the results.  I was expecting I had produce a lot of follicles since I'm on Clomene.  I was also surprised that it didn't grew that much... Honestly, I was sad about it.   But then again, my doctor said I shouldn't be too hard on myself.  For one, a lot of women ovulates late but still get pregnant... at the same time, some women ovulate in schedule but still could not get preggy.  It's all chances... and what we did was to increase the probability of conceiving.  Regardless of what I'm feeling, I still try to be hopeful.  My friend who also trying to conceive sent me this ebook she recently purchased (Path to Pregnancy).  I skipped the main book and started reading the bonus PDF first and found baby names!   Most of the names I liked where for baby girl... I only got one for a baby boy.  Picked my favorites and told my hubby about it.  Oh well, this just shows my enthusiasm...

Anyway, on to reading... will be posting some ideas of what I've read here so I can share it to other TTC (trying to conceive) couples.  Baby dust to all of us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there..
    Im into follicle monitoring too. Unfortunately we are still unlucky to have our very own.But we are working things out. Wishing for baby dust too

    ReplyDelete