Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project Baby: The Beginning... a long read

After a year of being married, we've finally decided that its time to have our very own mini-me's. Actually this decision came earlier than that...  It was a mutual agreement that we both had. Alas, we found out its not as easy as making the declaration and doing the deed.

This year, we decided to get down to business and really focus on having babies.  I made my research and found my first OB...dr s.  We took the usual diagnostic test (bear with me on the abbreviations. if you're trying to get pregnant i'll assure you you'll be familiar with most of them in no time) ... Pap Smear, TVU (transvaginal ultrasound) and HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) for me and sperm test for my husband.  She didn't find anything alarming... no blocked fallopian tubes, normal size ovaries, regular menstruation.  Sperm test showed low morphology... terato-hyperzoospermia.  Our doctor gave my husband supplements: Vitamin C and Vitamin E with Selenium while I have to take a tablet of Purifol (folic acid supplement) once a day.  We were advise to avoid contact for the month of January (since I'm on antibiotics for the HSG).  She said we'll start the session next cycle.

So this is the beginning:

DateCycle DayAdvice
jan 291First day of my period
jan 30 - feb 42 - 6took Clomiphene Citrate (Clomeme) 100mg a day
feb 710follicle monitoring; found a follicle with size 1.1cm
feb 7 - feb 910-1250IU shot of Follitropin Beta (Puregon) a day
feb 1013baby making!!!
feb 1114TVU schedule

Let's see if we'll be blessed with a Valentine baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment