Monday, May 9, 2011

Cycle 4 Day 14: New Things Learned

did you know that you dont only have to have the right size of a follicle to conceive, you also need the "ripe" endometrium.  thats what i found out from my new male ob-gyn, doc m.

thats right, all the while i thought that just having the size of 1.8cm is enough. apparently, the figure should be an average of the size. you see, since the follicles are not perfect cicles, you have to get the estimated size of it my getting the average.  my previous follicle monitoring result shows a size of 1.83cm by 0.94cm.  the average is around 0.9cm. it was not yet mature.  i had another ultrasound just now to reveal that it has grown bigger, 2.04cm x 1.63cm x 2.07cm. average size is now est. 1.91cm. which is good.

as for the endometrium, it should be triple line. there should be a thin black/gray line according to my doctor. if it isn't then we need to skip this cycle and wait for the next one.  i would be a candidate for hormone injectables.

but lo and behold! my endometrium is still triple line with 1.29cm thickness. he gave me the go signal to have my pregnyl shot today.  baby dance all the way on the 3rd day.  then i have to report back to him, if i got pregnant or not.

you might me wondering how i came across with this new ob-gyn.  and to think he's a he.  why him? well, dra v. wasn't available. she's on leave until thursday.  dra. s. i can't afford her right now since we just decided to buy a parking slot for our condo unit. since i still want to push through with this cycle, i search the intellicare website for affiliated doctors.  then i cross reference it to the psrei members. and found out that cardinal santos is just walking distance from my office.  that's how i picked doc m.  he's super nice.  he even gave me his mobile number so i can text him the result of my ultrasound. im not much of a texter so i called him to tell the results. he was no nice and told me that everything's good.  all i have to do is to go to crm (yup the same crm where i got my blood test and P's sperm analysis) to get my pregnyl shot.

i got there, shamelessly (i know, am sooo desperate for make this cycle a success) called him again because the nurse wanted confirmation that i did have prescription.  doc m didn't give me one. he gave instructions to the nurse. now, i got my two ampules (i think) of pregnyl
 for php5000 (php2500 each). the nurse injected it into my right butt cheek.  hurts a lot worst than on my tummy.

funny off-topic, my sonologist saw my doc advise and she asked if my ob was "the handsome doctor she knew" and "if he's already married?".  i cracked a smile. i didnt know the answers. honestly, i can't even remember how he look.  but am sure he's definitely not bad looking.  all is well afterwards. more hopeful than ever! he advised me to go see him after two weeks. maybe i will! he exudes positive aura to me that i feel like everything is going to be ok.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. god bless and baby dust to you! hope this is it! =) as for me, i'm still waiting for af to arrive. i'm getting impatient! hehehe! hopefully, it shows up soon!

    ReplyDelete