i sent a couple of emails to well-known IVF centers in asia to know how much it would cost to have ivf treatment. im posting their answers here so you will know.
First is Metro IVF. it is situated in Klang, Selangor, which is approximately 50km away (an hour drive) from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Website is: http://www.metro.com.my
1. Success Rate: Our successful rates are 45% to 65%, depending on the patients' health condition.
2. Maximum Number of ET/Chances of multiples: Normally we will transfer a maximum of 3 embryos, which means that if you are pregnant, you will have a chance of 1% to get triplets, 20% to get twins and 79% with singleton.
3. Pre-procedure must do: Prior to the procedure, you will have to pay a visit to our clinic for a basic medical check-up which includes ultrasound scan for pelvis, hormonal tests and semen analysis.
4. Cost: The cost for a normal IVF cycle is about RM13500 (Php194070.67 / Usd4467.97) , which includes routine consultations, medications and procedures from ovarian stimulation until luteal support. You can pay by cash or credit card. Payment can be made in a few payments and the full payment have to be paid on the day of egg aspiration.
5. Target number of eggs to extract: Normally we expect 10 to 15 eggs per patient.
6. Cryopresevation / FET : We charge RM1800 (Php25876.09 / Usd595.73) for cryopreservation for every 3 embryos and the annual storage fee will be RM600 (Php8625.36 / USD 198.58). The cost for frozen embryo transfer is about RM5000.
7. Length of stay: You will have to stay in Malaysia for about 6 weeks for the whole IVF procedure. There are a few budget hotels nearby our hospital which are
within walking distance.