Friday, April 29, 2011

Cycle 4 Day 4: Blood Test Results

i decided to take another blood work to determine if my prolactin improved. so yesterday morning, i went to center of reproductive medicine in ortigas and had my fsh, tsh and prolactin tests. the prep they gave me was that i wake up and wait for 2 hours before my blood is extracted. i woke at around past 6 and just 9am i was already at the office.

since all the tests were done yesterday, i was hoping i could write the results that day. but then, i was informed that they ran out of the things they need to do my tsf and fsh and that the tests will be performed today.

remember last cycle, i took lh (4.15 mIU/mL), estradiol (36 pg/mL), progesterone (0.40 ng/mL), fsh (10.44 mIU/mL), and prolactin (56.30 ng/mL). i failed the two later tests. my fsh result is slightly elevated (normal max for follicular phase is 10.2) while my prolactin is way too high (normal is 29.2) that its seems that im in the pregnant phase. so i've been prescribe with bromocriptine since last month. also, i'm taking 3 capsules of fertility blend since april as well. and here's the end result.

my fsh and prolactin are both in normal range at 7.2 and 9.61 respectively. parlodel (the bromocriptine brand im using definitely worked). im not sure if fertility blend also made a difference since my fsh also improved! tsh is also normal 1.550 (normal range is 0.27-4.2uIU/mL). yay! now im definitely positive and more hopeful that i was during my previous cycle. after seeing the results, p decided he would take another SA on monday to check if the "soldiers" improved as well. he's taking vit e with selenium and 1000mg vit C everyday and then he switch to fertility blend for men. we'll see. but for now, im sooo happy. fsh...passed! tsh...passed! prolactin...passed! polyps...gone!

i also decided to take follicle monitoring package rather than relying on the ovulation test kit. i've decided to start FM on day 12 and work my way up. my aim is to have my hcg shot just before the size reaches 3cm. by day 18, i should have ovulated already. will write my updates here.

baby dust to us all!!!

2 comments:

  1. hi sis,

    binabalik balikan ko blog mo from time to time,,just like seeing updates as I am also getting inspiration from you, I havent started with the fertility workup since my husband will be here october 2011 pa. And I am excited to have a baby as well as you. where ca you get po un follicle monitoring package? how much cia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. you can have your follicle monitoring package at in my womb (http://www.inmywomb.com). it costs php2800, 3 sessions. its very convenient since they have branches in malls. i opted for FM at delos santos megaclinic in sm megamall. it costs php2200 for 3 sessions.

    ReplyDelete